A Direct Response Communications Audit can be very beneficial to almost any association or business. The first step is to get BOD and upper level buy-in. Once you have that here are 5 steps to get your association ready for a direct response communications audit. These can be used whether you do it internally or outsource.
- Gather samples of every thing you do that asks for a direct action from the recipient (direct mail, telemarketing scripts, email, website, partnerships, etc) and get it all in one place
- Gather detailed information about these items to include audience, frequency/schedule, message, cost, production process, resource needs, etc.
- Gather detailed response rates to every item you want to include for at least the last 2 years.
- Gather the names and contact information of people you think will be important to this process.
- Set clear objectives and timelines so you know where you are trying to go and when you need it done.
If you start with these 5 steps the outcomes of your audit will have significantly more impact. Best of luck!